Vegan Mac And Cheese
Here is what you will need to make this plant-based mac and cheese:
- 1 cup (grated) Spread’em Kitchen The Classic cheeze
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp plant-based butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- few sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Cook pasta according to directions on packaging until it is almost done.
- While the pasta cooks, melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet. Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned, 1-2 minutes. Add milk and whisk continuously to remove any lumps. Add onion powder, salt and pepper and thyme. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
- Gradually stir in the cheeze, and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- When pasta is almost done, drain it and stir it into the sauce. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter and stir in panko crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over the dish and bake until golden and bubbly, for about 20 – 25 minutes. Serve immediately.