Lentil Stuffed Eggplant With Tahini And Tzatziki
Here’s what you will need:
- Spread’em Kitchen Garlic Tzatziki
- 1 eggplant
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- salt, pepper, cumin
- parsley and pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the eggplant in half and place both halves on a baking tray. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and remove some of the eggplant pulp out.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil, add finely chopped onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the eggplant pulp, cumin, mushrooms and tomato and cook for 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add lentils and tahini, mix together and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt and olive oil over the eggplant shells.
- Divide mixture evenly between the eggplant shells. Cook for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of Garlic Tzatziki, parsley and pomegranate seeds.