Creamy Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
These stuffed portobello mushrooms are incredibly creamy and delicious. Stuff them with anything you like, but here's what we did -
INGREDIENTS for 2 mushrooms:
- Meadow Herb & Garlic Cashew Cheese (1/2 block)
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil for brushing
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup of grated melty cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400 C
- Snap the stems off and use a spoon to scoop the gills out of the portobello mushrooms
- Lightly brush with olive oil from all sides
- Crumble or slice the cashew cheese in small chunks and place them into mushrooms
- Top with chopped tomato and grated cheese
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, or until mushrooms are nice and tender (but not too soft they loose their shape!) and cheese - melted and golden.
- Enjoy right away with a side salad.