Sweet & savoury puff pastry pinwheels
These sweet and savoury puff pastry pinwheels with dried cranberries and walnuts make an excellent appetizer
- Classic Greek-Style cashew cheese (1/2 block)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or butter of your choice
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp of maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 375 C
- Unroll the puff pastry sheet and brush with the oil or butter
- Slice or tear the cheese block into 1 cm cubes and sprinkle evenly around
- Add the nuts and cranberries
- Drizzle with the sweetener
- Roll the pastry sheet and slice into about 0.75 inch thick rounds. You'll get 12 rounds. Brush with the leftover oil or butter.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake for around 25-30 minutes until puffed up and golden and ENJOY!