Spiced Kabocha Squash With Lemon Pepper Sauce
Here’s a recipe for roasted and spiced kabocha squash, sometimes called Japanese pumpkin!
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 small / medium kabocha squash
- 3 tbsp of Spread’em Kitchen Lemon & Black Pepper cashew cream cheese
- 3 tbsp of oil of your choice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh or dry parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp of caraway seeds
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Slice the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- You don’t have to peel the squash, just slice it in about 1/2 inch thick wedges.
- Mix the oil with parsley, garlic and caraway seeds.
- Rub the oil mixture in the squash wedges and place them on the parchment paper. Make sure they are not stacked on top of each other.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, turn them around and cook for about 10 minutes more, until they look nice and crispy and have softened.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix 3 tbsp of Lemon & Black Pepper cashew cream cheese with 1 tbsp of water to thin it out. Add more water until you reach a consistency of a pourable sauce.
- Pour it over the squash and enjoy!