Here's a great little recipe to get you inspired for spring!
For the Korean BBQ mushroom marinade:
- 1/4 cup chili paste
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 Tablespoons tamari
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon grated ginger
Blend until smooth, now take 1 portobello cap, gills removed and sliced into long strips. Soak the strips in the marinade.
For the walnut chorizo:
- 1 cup walnuts, pieces or chips
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 or 3 Tablesspoons Spread’em Carrot Chili
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
Pulse walnuts in the food processor until crumbly. Remove from the food processor and place in a mixing bowl. Mix well with other ingredients by hand.
For the collard leaf taco shells:
- 4-6 collard leaves
Cut the collard leaves into circles scissors work well for this.
To assemble the tacos:
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 3 scallions, chopped fine
- 1/2 avocado mashed with lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Using the collard greens as taco shells, build the tacos as desired with a little walnut chorizo, avocado mash, kimchee and Korean BBQ marinated portobellos. Garnish with scallion, cilantro, red cabbage and lime.