Balsamic Beet And Roasted Butternut Salad With Peach
Here is what you will need for this salad ( 4 servings):
- Spread’em Kitchen Beet & Balsamic
- 1 – 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 small butternut squash
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- salad greens
- almond slivers, toasted
- dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Lightly grease a baking tray.
- Slice butternut squash cross-wise into 1 cm slices; peel and clean each slice.
- Place the slices on the baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake until the squash is tender and starting to brown – for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Make quick red onion pickles – submerge the onion slices in hot water, sugar and apple cider vinegar mixture.
- Toss squash, sliced peach, salad greens and red onion together in a serving bowl. Top with toasted almond slivers, dried cranberries and Spread’em Kitchen Beet & Balsamic spread. Drizzle a tablespoon of lemon juice over it.
- Serve while the squash is warm. Enjoy!