This is a real quick weekday night version of a tortilla soup. You can take it slower and soak some dried beans and sauté the tomatoes.
For about 3 portions (small pot of soup) you will need:
- Spread’em Kitchen Nacho Cheeze
- a can of beans
- a can of tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp of chipotle pepper
- 1/4 tsp of cumin
- 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp of chili pepper
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- for toppings we used avocado, lime, cilantro, olives, red onion, toasted tortilla and crispy lentils.
- In a medium pot heat some olive oil on medium until hot. Add the onion, garlic and spices. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, beans and vegetable stock. Cook for 10 minutes and then let it simmer for 20 more.
- Cut tortilla into 1/2 in wide strips, layer them on a baking sheet and toast in 400 degrees F for 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of Nacho cheeze, tortilla strips and your choice of toppings.