Feta Phyllo Squares
Crispy, creamy, salty, crunchy - these baked feta phyllo squares have it all.
This recipe is inspired by the Crispy Feta Pockets recipe on Delish.
- 1 block of Classic Greek-Style Cashew Cheese
- 4 sheets of phyllo dough
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Sesame seeds
- Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 420 F
- Slice the block in two lengthwise
- Place two phyllo sheets in front of you and sprinkle with thyme and lemon zest
- Place one piece of cheese on the edge closest to you and fold the sheet so that you end up with a nice cheese pocket.
- Lightly brush it with olive oil from all sides and place on a wire rack
- Repeat it with the second piece of cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and fry the squares from each side until golden brown (this won't take long!)
- Place back on the rack and put it in the oven. Make sure to have a baking tray underneath to catch any melting cheese!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Serve hot with a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of sesame seeds and more thyme.