At Spread ‘Em Kitchen we’ve hacked the formula to make a delicious line of cheeses and dips with the power of cashews and plants. Blended with only pure whole food ingredients, herbs and dried fruits and fresh spices, we’re blowing expectations out of the water one bite at a time.
Everything you love about cheese is now simplified and animal free. Our purpose is to connect with people through food and do as much good as possible. Creating experiences where passion and purpose come together.
Our mission is to inspire healthier communities by providing real, nourishing, tasty food with a commitment to natural, whole-food ingredients, customer education and cultivating genuine relationships on every level.
Shift: MON-THURS 7am to 5pm condensed work week
Compensation: $16-$18 hourly, $19-$20 after probation
Are you looking for opportunities in a local thriving company? Do you love to cook? Would friends describe you as easy going? If you replied yes to these questions we'd like to invite you to apply to join our team as a Production Mixer!
This position prepares and packages spreads and dips according to recipes using procedures detailed in the production manual while ensuring food safe protocols are maintained.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Washing, preparing, and portioning ingredients
- Packaging food products
- Moving and lifting food containers (about 40 lbs.) from one workstation to another
- Washing and cleaning workstations and equipment
- Preparing packages of food product for shipping
- Stacking products onto pallets and hand-wrapping them
- Updating log sheets per quality assurance instructions
- Filing documents and records in food safety systems
- Requires standing for extended periods, ability to bend, and ability to frequently lift 30 to 50 lbs.
- Food Safety protocols
- Food process experience an asset
- Ability to read and understand production sheets, and follow recipes and other instructions with minimum supervision
- Ability to do basic math calculations
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to read and write in English
- Completion of high school an asset
- Possession of a valid Food Safe 1 Certificate an asset
- One year or more of experience working in a food production position is an asset
To apply send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org