Smoky Mac n Cheese
Upgrade your mac n cheese game with Applewood Smoke cashew cheese
- 1 lb pasta of your choice, cooked according to the instructions
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups cream of your choice
- 200 g of Applewood Smoked Cashew Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup of grated cheese of your choice
- 1/2 cup of panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thyme for garnish (optional)
- Boil pasta according to the instructions
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium
- Whisk in the flour until a smooth, thin paste forms
- Add cream in small increments and keep whisking until it's smooth
- Mix in Applewood Smoked Cashew Cheese and 1 cup of the grated cheese. Season with black pepper.
- Mix until both cheeses have melted and you've got a nice smooth smoky savoury sauce.
- Mix in the cooked pasta. Check if it needs any salt - it might be salty enough at this point!
- Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top with 1/2 of grated cheese and panko and cook for approximately 30 minutes until the cheese has melted and panko is golden.
- Garnish with thyme leaves and serve with a dash of your favourite hot sauce!