Smoky Chickpea Scramble
This quick, simple and healthy scramble works great as breakfast or lunch! Bring it next level by adding a few chunks of the smooth and smoky cashew cheese. If smokiness isn't your jam, any of the cashew cheeses or dips are a perfect addition to this dish.
- Applewood Smoked Cashew Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked or canned (and rinsed) chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- a pinch of black salt for extra egg-like flavour (optional)
- salt and pepper
- salad and veggies to serve. Toast is great too
- Smash the chickpeas until about half is smashed and the other half is intact
- In a frying pan heat oil over medium heat
- Add the onion and fry on low
- Add tomato and spices, saute until soft and fragrant
- Add the chickpeas
- Cook until it's all nicely combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with salad, tomato and generous chunks of Applewood Smoked cashew cheese. Or put it on toast!