It’s pretty simple stuff, easy to find and you can make substitutions at anytime for anything. Get creative take the beans out and add cauliflower or cover it in cheese, you get the idea.
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 or 2 small cans of salsa verde ( I like la costena brand)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can of picked jalapenos
- Roasted butternut squash or Yams work well too
- Other Topping Ideas: Diced red onion, cilantro, grilled fajita veggies, avocado, salsa
- Spread’em Jalapeno Cashew cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and position a baking rack in the middle of the oven.
- Roast the the squash chunks with olive oil and salt and pepper
- Combine black beans, drained pickled jalapenos, squash, smoked paprika and olive oil in a mixing bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour enough salsa verde sauce to lightly coat the bottom of a baking dish.
- Scoop in 2 Tbsp of the black bean filling and roll up. Place seam side down in the baking dish and continue until the pan is filled – should be about 10-12 enchiladas.
- Top enchiladas with remaining salsa verde and use spoon to make sure all parts of the tortillas are evenly coated and bake for 20 minutes at 375.
- Serve with a dollop of Spread’em jalapeno cashew cheese and toppings such as avocado, guacamole, salsa, fajita veggies, sour cream, red onion, cilantro or lettuce.
- Will keep in the fridge for a couple days. Reheat in oven or microwave.
If you’re not in a hurry you can make the jalapeno cashew cheese into a cream sauce by putting it in the blender with a few tablespoons of water, pickle juice or lemon juice and give it a buzz add a few more jalapenos to make it more spicy. Then pour the cream over the finished enchiladas! This is so delicious. Also I know pickle juice sounds unusual but trust me its yummy, I suggest lacto fermented pickles.
This is great for sharing and can be very interactive! Invite some friends over and make it together each person can bring an ingredient. Now crank the tunes and have some fun!