03 Jan Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad with Tzatziki
We cannot have enough of these sheet meals! They are so easy and simple to make and they leave no mess. It is easy to modify too. Don’t have chickpeas? Use lentils, rice or beans! And you can use any veggies you want. Here’s what you will need for this recipe (2-3 servings):
- small to medium cauliflower cauliflower,
- Spread’em Kitchen Garlic Tzatziki spread
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained (or 3/4 cups of dried chickpeas, cooked)
- a small handful of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- a handful of salad greens
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- optional – this salad will taste great with tzatziki and some tahini dressing. If you want to add tahini dressing as well we like to use this creamy tahini dressing recipe.
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
Chop the cauliflower head into small bite-size florets and place them on a baking sheet leaving one side for chickpeas. Drizzle the cauliflower with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss until coated in oil.
- Drain and pat dry the chickpeas with a tea towel.
- Place them on the baking sheet next to cauliflower. Drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and season with salt, cumin and smoked paprika. Toss until coated.
- Roast the cauliflower and chickpeas for 20 minutes, stir and roast for another 10-15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and chickpeas – crispy.
- Cool the cauliflower and chickpeas down, layer with salad greens, avocado slices and tomatoes.
- Top with tzatziki. If you’re using tahini dressing – drizzle it over.