02 Dec Zucchini Involtini
Here’s a recipe for this simple, quick to make and healthy dish –
For 3 – 4 people :
- 2 medium zucchinis, but have an extra one – preparing the thin slices takes some practice
- A tub of any flavour of Spread’em Kitchen cream cheeze you like
- A jar or marinara sauce, or you can make your own!
- salt and black pepper to taste
- A peeler or a veggie mandolin. You can also use a sharp knife to thinly slice the zucchinis but you might want to pre-roast the slices.
- For an extra satisfying and comforting meal you can grate cheese of your choice on top of the involtinis.
A slice of toasted bread.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the zucchinis.
- Thinly slice the zucchinis lengthwise. We had good success with a regular peeler.
- We didn’t pre-roast the zucchini slices because they were very thin. If you want it to be soft baked or if you have thicker slices of zucchini you can pre-roast them – just lay them out in a single layer on a roasting pan and roast for 5 minutes in 300 degrees F.
- Use a cast iron pan or an oven-proof skillet. Empty the marinara jar in it.
- Depending on the width of your slices place either one wide or two narrower slightly overlapping slices in front of you.
- Place about two teaspoons of cream cheeze on the closest end of the slice (or slices) and roll it up.
- Place the roll in the sauce. Repeat until you have used all the slices.
- Place small dollops of cream cheeze in between the rolls for extra creaminess.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the zucchinis are soft and starting to crisp around the edges.
- Enjoy right away!