17 Dec Plant-based gingerbread cookies
It’s gingerbread cookie time of the year! We made a batch of gingerbread cookies using our cultured cashew buttery spread and they are so delicious!
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup Cultured Cashew Buttery Spread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a mix of gingerbread spices of your choice. We used: 2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground all spice, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves, a pinch of cardamom and black pepper.
- Melt the buttery spread
- In a bowl mix together the buttery spread, brown sugar, molasses, spices and baking powder.
- Add the flour.
- Mix it all together until the dough is not crumbly anymore. If it needs more liquid add a splash of plant-based milk.
- Put it in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. You can make the dough in advance and keep it in the fridge for a few days!
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Sprinkle some flour on the surface where you’ll be rolling out the dough.
- Using a rolling pin (or anything that resembles a rolling pin!) roll the dough in a thin layer. The thinner the layer the crispier the gingerbread will be!
- Using cookie cutters or a knife cut out any shapes you want. Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for around 7 minutes. You don’t want them to get any more brown than they already are – they’ll taste slightly burnt or be hard as heck.
- Enjoy! Happy holidays!