17 Dec Pear – apricot flatbread with The Delight
This flatbread is on the sweet side! You can use any base you like – naan, tortilla wrap, pizza, puff pastry – anything works.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 flatbread base
- 1 cup chopped onions, we used shallots
- 1 tsp of oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- a few slices of The Delight
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts or hazelnuts
- a few leaves of fresh basil
- more maple syrup for drizzling
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F
- In a pan heat up the oil over medium heat. Add the onions and stir frequently. Once they caramelizing add a splash of maple syrup. Keep stirring the onions. Once they have caramelized remove from heat.
- Place the flatbread base on a baking sheet.
- Spread the caramelized onions in a thin layer all over the base.
- Top with slices of The Delight
- Top with the pear slices
- Sprinkle with walnuts
- Put in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes, until the pears have gotten soft
- Drizzle with more maple syrup and garnish with fresh basil leaves and little chunks of The Delight.