14 Dec Hasselback Butternut Squash
Here’s a recipe for this gorgeous hasselback butternut squash. You can make it using just one half of the squash keeping the other half for a different recipe, or go all in and double this recipe!
For 1 half of a hasselback butternut squash you will need:
- 1/2 half of a medium butternut squash, peeled
- 2 tbsp of Spread’em Kitchen buttery Spread
- 1/8 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 C).
- Remove the seeds of the squash using a spoon.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Don’t slice the squash yet, put it sliced side down on a parchment paper and cook for about 10 – 15 minutes until it’s soft enough for knife to go through easily, but not ready-to-eat soft
- In the meantime melt the buttery spread in a sauce pan. When it’s melted mix in the walnut pieces, garlic and parsley.
- When the squash is soft enough remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Slice it in pretty thin (1/4 in) slices
- When the squash is sliced pour the melted butter mixture over it making sure it gets in between the slices.
- Put it back in the oven for additional 5 to 10 minutes until it crisps up a bit and gets soft.
- Enjoy it with fresh and citrusy salad or other roasted vegetables, drizzled with lemon juice.