08 Sep Apricot Scones
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g of buttery spread, cold
- 150 g Delight
- 80 g chopped dried apricots
- 1 tbsp of plant-based milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 F
- in a big bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt
- Gently mix in the buttery spread, the Delight and apricots. Don’t knead the dough too much.
- Add milk. If the dough feels wet and sticks to your hands, add more flour.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough out to a 1” – 1 1/2 “sheet and slice it into wedges.
- Place the wedges on a baking tray leaving some space between each scone.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Spread them with jam or butter, or simply eat them plain. Enjoy!