There is something exciting about alternative pasta sauces if you ask me! Here is a delicious variation using our beet dip as the sauce for this perfect, humble pasta dish. You can make any substitutions you like with most of the ingredients to suit your particular tastes. So get inspired and get creative! I want to try this with a nice smoked mozzarella next time and kale buds.
Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 1/2 cup of spread’em beet cashew balsamic
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated orange zest, more to taste or lemon or lime
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, more as needed
- 3/4 pound fresh or dried cavatelli aka shell pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
In a small bowl, combine ricotta, orange zest and sage. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook cavatelli until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
Put pasta in a large warmed serving bowl. Toss with Spread’em Beet dip and add half of the reserved liquid. Toss well; add remaining cooking liquid if necessary for consistency.
Season with salt and pepper. Dollop spoonfuls of seasoned ricotta onto pasta; sprinkle with pistachios and pepper.
It makes about 4 servings so great to share with the family or invite a friend over and have some fun!